T Levels

 

T Levels (Technical Levels) are new courses starting in September 2020 and will be rolled out over the next 3 years.  They will follow GCSEs and will be equivalent to 3 A Levels and will be awarded UCAS tariff points. https://www.ucas.com/corporate/news-and-key-documents/news/ucas-tariff-points-allocated-t-levels

 

These 2 year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses, so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for the world of work.  T levels will offer students a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during a 45 day industry placement.  These placements can be taken as individual days, as a block or a combination of the two.

 

Students will spend approximately 80% of their time in the classroom, and the other 20% in their placement.  This is different to an Apprenticeship where you normally spend 80% of your time in the workplace, and the other 20% in the classroom.

 

T levels will provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door into skilled employment, further study or a higher apprenticeship.

For further information on T Levels please visit: